18 Jul What Does Your Parking Lot Say About Your Business?
Glide Rite has added a new trade to our already extensive equipment and facility maintenance services – Parking Lot Sweeping. A recent Harris Poll revealed that 85% of Americans would not patronize a business with negative online reviews about its cleanliness. Trash outside your business makes patrons not want to visit. Glide Rite can make the costumer experience enjoyable the minute your customer drives into your parking lot.
Parking Lot Cleaning: Why It’s Important?
Aside from the fact that parking lot cleaning is a best management practice, it is a crucial element in positioning a business and brand. Think about how much effort is put into providing positive customer interactions and experiences. Consider that your parking lot is the first interaction customers have with a business or building. This means it can play a large role in shaping brand perception. Dirty or not maintained parking lots suggest laziness or poor management and can therefore damage brand image.
Imagine a parking lot that is full of trash and debris; would that impact your perception of the business attached to it? If it belonged to a restaurant, would you want to eat there? If it were an apartment complex, would you want to live there? If it were a healthcare facility, would you trust it? If it were a shopping complex, would you buy something there?
Whether or not customers realize it, parking lots can impact how they view the brand, quality of service, trustworthiness, professionalism, cleanliness, attention to detail, and even a business’ stance on environmental responsibility. For this reason, it is imperative to keep parking lots clean and free of trash or debris.
In addition to creating a positive impression for customers, there are a number of other benefits of maintaining parking lots, including:
- Discourages Littering: People are less likely to throw trash on the ground in a clean parking lot; the dirtier the area, the less remorse people have about littering.
- Minimizes Pollution: Removing trash prevents it from being washed into storm water runoff, and eventually, to our drinking and recreational water.
- Prevents Erosion: Debris will eventually break down the pavement of your parking lot and plants will begin to grow in the cracks. This is far more expensive to fix than a regular parking lot cleaning service.
- Deters Rodents: The accumulation of trash becomes a feeding ground for disease-ridden rodents and other animals. These animals are unsanitary and can be dangerous.
- Avoids Lawsuits: Large debris can cause injuries to customers, as well as damage to their cars and tires. In addition to losing valuable customers, a business could wind up with lawsuits and liability claims against it.
What Can Be Done to Keep A Parking Lot Clean?
- Add Trashcans: Place trashcans in the middle of the parking lot to give customers easy, convenient access.
- Schedule Routine Cleaning: Implementing a regular maintenance schedule for cleaning a parking lot will ensure that a business’ brand image isn’t tarnished by an unappealing parking lot.
How Can Glide Rite Help?
Glide Rite creates customized, strategic cleaning plans that are designed to fit customer needs. Our parking lot cleaning services include hand-blowing sidewalks and inaccessible areas, emptying and relining trashcans, handpicking planters and surrounding areas, and bulk item removal. Based on a customer’s specific needs, we can offer other personalized services as well. Whether it is a shopping mall, strip center, apartment building, healthcare facility, educational institution, or any other building, we will help protect your business’s image by getting their parking lot in excellent condition.